The FIA have announced their driver ratings ahead of the 2016 season. As ever, the changes in rating will have an effect on what cars these drivers will be able to drive for next season.
Notable changes include Le Mans winner, Earl Bamber, who, courtesy of his win in the endurance overall has acquired a platinum rating over the gold rating that he has been throughout 2015.
Ratings go from Bronze (The lowest rating, up through silver, gold and platinum dependent on experience, achievement and age.
Below is a list of the notable changes in driver ratings;
- Vincent Abril — Silver to Gold
- Earl Bamber — Gold to Platinum
- Joao Barbosa — Gold to Platinum
- Maximilian Buhk — Gold to Platinum
- Tom Dilmann — Silver to Gold
- Mario Farnbacher — Silver to Gold
- Katherine Legge — Gold to Silver
- Maurizio Mediani — Gold to Silver
- Wolfgang Reip — Silver to Gold
- Mark Shulzhitskiy — Silver to Gold
- Jeff Segal — Silver to Gold
- Harry Tincknell — Gold to Platinum
- Sylvain Tremblay – Gold to Silver
- Nick Yelloly — Silver to Gold
Image – Walter Schurf (WEC-Magazin)