Some facts and figures on Toyota’s 2021 24 Hours of Le Mans victory:
- Toyota have secured their fourth victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, drawing them level with Ford and Alfa Romeo and ahead of Peugeot and Matra-Simca, who have three each.
- Toyota joined a list of illustrious names to have recorded four successive victories at Le Mans (2018-2021)., which includes Audi twice (five in a row twice – 2010-2014 and 2004-2008), Porsche (seven – 1981-1987), Ford (four – 1966-1969), Ferrari (six – 1960-1965), Alfa Romeo (four –1931-1934) and Bentley (four –1927-1930).
- José María López becomes only the second Argentine to win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. José Froilán González was the first Argentine driver to win at the Circuit de la Sarthe, for Scuderia Ferrari in 1954.
- Thanks to Toyota’s victory, Japanese manufacturers now have five overall victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, moving ahead of the US on four.
- And finally… an honourable mention for the Alpine A480, which, although in the “LMH” category, brought the curtain down on LMP1 at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a well-deserved and apt podium finish.